#ICFPLive is a partnership of communication professionals coming together at the 2013 International Conference on Family Planning to provide live social media coverage of key conversations and presentations emerging from the meeting. Led by FHI 360, the initiative will establish #ICFPLive as the hashtag for live coverage, and participants are encouraged to use that hashtag to provide quotes, photos, commentary, and video of the conference.
Below are details that will help you engage with #ICFPLive. Additionally, download the ICFP Social Media Guide.
We will be using #ICFPLive for all of our live coverage curation. We will also be following #ICFP2013 and #ICFPYouth.
The #ICFPLive Hub
We will be hosting all content on the ICFPLive Hub. We will use this site at the clearinghouse for all of the content we receive. This site will be updated at various times during the day. Visit here
#ICFPLive Daily Delivery
We will be creating an HTML email called the Daily Delivery that will be distributed to a wide audience including each conference participant. The email will also have a link that can be shared on social media. This email will be sent each morning from Tuesday through Friday. Access the Archives here
Sign up for the #ICFPLive Daily Delivery here
FHI 360 will be creating crowdblogs of the main plenaries. Crowdblogs are blogs that are created using social media content including tweets, photos, quotes, videos, inforgraphics and statistics. As Coverage Partners, we encourage you to Tweet live coverage of the plenaries for inclusion in the Plenary Crowdblogs.
We ask that you submit your content by 6pm for inclusion in the following day’s Daily Delivery. We will need the following with each submission
· Suggested Photo (300×300)
· One or two sentence blurb about the piece.
· Link to the piece (if you are hosting it on your own site or a different site)
The FHI 360 Live Coverage Team will be based in the media room and can always be reached by email.
Matt Matassa – email@example.com
Leanne Gray (Social Media) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne McNulty – Amcnulty@fhi360.org
Suggested tweets and posts
· Interested in #familyplanning issues? Follow #ICFPLive next week for updates from #ICFP2013 in Ethiopia! http://bit.ly/1iHJJ9l
· Are you attending #ICFP2013? Send photos, quotes, videos and thoughts to #ICFPLive to contribute to live coverage! http://bit.ly/1iHJJ9l
· Don’t miss out on an #ICFP2013 Daily Delivery! Sign up here: http://bit.ly/1hHR0IH #ICFPLive #familyplanning
· Participate in live coverage of #ICFP2013 by using #ICFPLive throughout the conference! http://bit.ly/1iHJJ9l #familyplanning
· Be a part of the conversation. Join @FPAddis2013 live coverage: http://bit.ly/1iHJJ9l #ICFPLive #familyplanning
· We’re gearing up for the @International Conference on Family Planning [TAG CONFERENCE] in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia next week! Stay updated on what’s happening at the conference by following #ICFPLive on Twitter and by signing up for the Daily Delivery here: http://bit.ly/1hHR0IH
· Are you going to be at the @International Conference on Family Planning [TAG CONFERENCE] in Ethiopia next week? Send updates, photos, quotes and more to #ICFPLive to contribute to live coverage! http://bit.ly/1iHJJ9l