During UNGA Week, FHI360, Women Deliver and Johnson & Johnson, in support of Every Woman Every Child, will create a social media hub and daily newsletters that curate conversations taking place on MDGs 4, 5 and 6.
This initiative will utilize the hashtag #MDG456Live to draw content from several social media outlets. In addition, the initiative will pull from other hashtags such as #EWECProgress in order to cover the best of the conversations and events taking place during the week.
This campaign is designed to:
- Capture in one place daily conversations taking place live during UNGA Week on issues related to MDG 4, 5, and 6, with special emphasis on the impact on girls and women.
- Drive awareness of UNGA week messages and activities to global health and development stakeholders worldwide.
- Create an archive of the activities and conversations on MDGs 4, 5 and 6 that took place during UNGA week.
- Provide a platform for participating organizations to share news and content that are important to them.
#MDG456Live will consist of two major components:
- The Hub – This will be the central home for all content being shared by partners and reporters, and will serve as the clearinghouse for curated coverage during the week. Click here to see The Hub from the Women Deliver 2013 Conference.
- The Daily Delivery – A daily recap email will be sent out each day from Monday September 23th to Friday September 27th. These Daily Deliveries will cover social media conversations, news, and events from EWEC Community from the previous day. This will include the best content posted on The Hub. Click here to sign up for Daily Deliveries.
About UNGA Week
This year’s High-level Meeting of the General Assembly will focus on the realization of the Millennium Development Goals, making it a timely opportunity to highlight MDGs 4, 5, and 6. In addition to UNGA- related events, our engagement will also include highlights from the Social Good Summit, the Clinton Global Initiative, and UN side events, as relevant.
Partner Contact Information
Please email any questions about social media, content submissions and #MDG456Live engagement during UNGA week to:
Matt Matassa, FHI360 – MMatassa@fhi360.org
Lindsay Menard-Freeman, Women Deliver – firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick McCrummen, Johnson & Johnson – PMccrumm@ITS.JNJ.com